FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Only Slightly OT - Virgin win EDI & ABZ Heathrow routes
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:19 pm
kanderson1965

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Speedbird218
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Usual childish rubbish from SRB, has he not heard the adage that he who pays the piper calls the tune. Be interesting if someone took up the 49% stake on offer and then decided that they wanted the airline run their way. I know that SRB has an effective veto with his 51% share however I cannot imagine a buyer becoming a sleeping partner.

My money FWIW, is on WW long term.
If you own 49% of a privately owned company and one other shareholder owns 51%...you can only ever be a sleeping partner.

If that is the case what would be the point of investing to such an extent? I expect this will be the outcome, no one will want a 49% non controlling share, too much risk with too little control. The alternative, a larger number of minority shareholders with shallow pockets and potentially less interest in the business due to lower stake.

Best thing to do is sell the 49 % back to SRB, as he is so passionate about "his" airline, and let him sink or swim.