FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Changes to MoveUp Program [master thread]
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:11 pm
Mykle

Originally Posted by jetsetter
I wonder also on the agents computers what the different process they use for a Move Up vs. a Move Back say if a pax misses their flight? Are the steps a lot more cumbersome for a Move Back? I saw an agent do a Move Up recently & it seemed very fast like they have an entry that does it almost right away with minimal ttyping? This was the agent working the boarding for a flight, I'm not sure if the entry is different if its not an agent signed in boarding that particular flight?
The "Move Up" entry on the computer is quite easy for the agents, if you are on a non-stop moving up to another non-stop. They simply type in your old flight, the new flight and your name. The tool then prompts them to collect a fee, if applicable. It would work for Move Back, if the entry was done before the original flights departure (after departure, the itinerary is cancelled). It works the same whether at the gate or ticket counter.

If you are on connections, changing to another connection, they must pull up your reservation, cancel the old flights, book the new flights, adjust the ticket/charge fee (if applicable) and then check you in for the new itinerary. Much more time consuming than single segment flights.