FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why don't more airports offer decent pay lounges??
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:13 pm
99luftballoons
Suspended

Originally Posted by moeve
Many of you either have employers who pay business class tickets or have other methods to gain entry. That still leave a huge lot of people flying with out an a lounge option. Why do not more airports cater to this group by offering such venues on a pay per use option?

While they are at it have them is statigic points not hidden away somewhere totally away from points of departure.

Now before you tell there are lots of options - it may look so on paper but when you really look close there are only a very small number of such lounges around the world. These are also often so unattractive because they are way off the beaten path.
Few companies pay for business class nowadays. Business travelers can usually pay to get a direct flight. Those at a hub typically don't have much need/use for a lounge. I fly out of one and I wouldn't pay more than maybe $50 for a year membership. Why would I leave my house to go in to the airport earlier?

That said, most airlines let you buy a day pass.