FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Changes to MoveUp Program [master thread]
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:52 pm
tommyleo

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by seratonin7
I did a double MoveUp today! I'm not going to mention the station this occurred at because I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

My meeting today ended much earlier than I had anticipated, so I arrived at the airport and went right to the gate to attempt a move up on a flight just a few minutes over the six hour limit. When the GA mentioned this, the best she could do is put me on a flight within the limit (2.5 hours before my original flight). I walked away wondering what I was going to do at the airport for 4 hours. Then I remembered reading about a double MoveUp on FT! I went back up to the podium and said "since I'm confirmed on the X:XXpm flight, will the computer allow you to do another MoveUp? She looked and me and gives me this devilish smile...as though I knew about a secret workaround! She hands my BP to the other GA and tells him he should do it from his computer...which I assume would prevent her from getting in trouble in case it ever was audited.

I just wanted to thank my US FT buddies for sharing this idea because you saved me 4 hours in an airport with no lounge and very few amenities!
You're lucky! ^

The TA just as easily could have told you "No, sorry." Of course, in that case, you politely say, "Thanks! Understood." And then you walk to the furthest TA from the TA whom you just left and simply ask to be Moved Up (without mentioning that you were already moved up) to the flight you want from your (newly) confirmed flight. And if that doesn't work out, you go to gate for the earlier flight and ask the GA -- and hope that the GA isn't one of the two previous TA's!