FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:37 am
FD1971
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Interesting.Thanks for the heads up!
I call the 140s rate the Andaz Amsterdam effect.
That's actually lower than 50% off their rack rates for a room
Finally the rate of what it always should have been.
I certainly feel with exception of the fitness center issue the hotel is worth in the low to mid 200s.
Perhaps in time especially winter the Andaz folks may offer some nice packages and specials.At least one would hope so to get some folks in to try it
Certainly a vastly more civilized and polished experience than the Pulitzer!
The beds are more comfortable at the Pulitzer however Andaz management is already working on some nice foam toppers for their cool looking platform beds
Unfortunately, you overestimate the aura of the Andaz brand completely.

It did not really shine in London and even the name Hyatt does not ring a lot of bells in Europe, let alone AMS.

The Pulitzer, featured not only in Hollywood movies, but also various documentaries about Amsterdam certainly plays in another league..., both in terms of reputation but also brand value.

Euro 140 is excellent value, even for some weekdays in Amsterdam, an ordinary Holiday Inn comes close to that price.

I do not see anyone paying a 100% premium for the Andaz, that goes for status card holders as well as regular customers...

And why should you pay so much more?

For free parking, constant suite upgrades, nice club lounge, spacious rooms?