FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Changes to MoveUp Program [master thread]
Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:16 pm
seratonin7

Programs: US CP, MR Plat
I did a double MoveUp today! I'm not going to mention the station this occurred at because I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

My meeting today ended much earlier than I had anticipated, so I arrived at the airport and went right to the gate to attempt a move up on a flight just a few minutes over the six hour limit. When the GA mentioned this, the best she could do is put me on a flight within the limit (2.5 hours before my original flight). I walked away wondering what I was going to do at the airport for 4 hours. Then I remembered reading about a double MoveUp on FT! I went back up to the podium and said "since I'm confirmed on the X:XXpm flight, will the computer allow you to do another MoveUp? She looked and me and gives me this devilish smile...as though I knew about a secret workaround! She hands my BP to the other GA and tells him he should do it from his computer...which I assume would prevent her from getting in trouble in case it ever was audited.

I just wanted to thank my US FT buddies for sharing this idea because you saved me 4 hours in an airport with no lounge and very few amenities!

Last edited by seratonin7; Dec 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm