FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Changes to MoveUp Program [master thread]
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:42 am
nefanboy

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, American Platinum, National Exec platinum
"move up" won't let you go from direct to connection

I am a United man, and after my experience on US Airways yesterday I vowed to never fly them again. Ever. I was booked on the 5:50 PM IAH to BOS with stop in PHL. Same flight number 880 for entire trip. Meetings for the day were over and I arrived at IAH at 1PM, with plenty of time to switch flights, pay the $75, and get on the 3PM to Boston with a connection in CLT. I was told I could not because I was booked on a "direct" and could not swith to a flight with a connection. Period. I expalined it really isn't a direct flight...but she wouldn't budge and actually enjoyed ruining my day. I can understand the vice versa (can't switch to direct if booked on connecting flight) but why the other way around? I know I am only star silver (will be gold after one more flight) and I was laughed at by US Airways to think star silver would make any difference in the decision. So I sat at IAH for almost 5 hours despising US Airways and their nasty, horrible and uncaring employees. I will not be sad to see them leave Star Alliance if the merger with AA goes through.