FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warning: Diamond club ticketing
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:45 am
Action Man

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
Warning: Diamond club ticketing

I cannot share the specific details of the situation I experienced but will try to provide some important information here:

It has come to light that the Diamond Club ICC can now only revalidate or cancel (non-BA) tickets.

So for example, if a flight is cancelled and the new one misconnects they will not correct the booking or protect passengers. They will only revalidate a ticket if someone else changes it. This issue has now escalated to the legal department of BA in the UK. DC will not protect stranded passengers with revenue or reward inventory.

BA have told me that calls are starting to flood in and they are now concerned that Pune is in default of their contractual obligations.

If you find yourself in this situation, ring ICC first. If they refer you to the operating carrier, which they probably will, then don't bother. Ring BA Customer Relations. BA is now responsible for 236 inventory and for resolving the matter.

A sad end to a lovely airline which I began flying because of their excellent customer service...