FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:09 pm
cardesigner2000

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by rishis
2x miles or any miles purchase program is a scam! Lifemiles lures people with lucrative miles purchase promotion but the system fails when actually trying to purchase tickets. I tried to buy CCU->SJC route via BKK/NRT on Thai and ANA multiple times with no luck. The system shows error after entering passenger details. I even called and tried to book through an agent and even he wasn't successful (calls keep dropping is another horror story). After investigating he found that ANA will not confirm the tickets, even after calling ANA directly (holding for about an hour). The agent even tried other dates and got the same error. I know this route is available from United MileagePlus and Aeroplan. In general, lifemiles system shows available route but does not allow to complete the ticket purchase. They have problem with other star alliance also like Lufthansa and Singapore. So now I am stuck with my purchased miles as they are useless.
Welcome to Flyertalk! Sorry to hear about your problems booking with Lifemiles, but to call the whole program a scam is going overboard. Have made serveral simple bookings online without any problems. All frequent flyer programs have their bugs, so it seems you unfortunately came upon a route or ticket that wasn't possible using LM. If there are more reports of problems booking award tickets it would be good to share and hope that AV works the kinks out of the system. If there are more reports of unsuccessful redemptions than succesful ones than you might be onto something... If you want to get rid of your useful miles, I'd be more than happy to redeem them for you