FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:20 am
ThatAdamGuy

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
Well, I don't need to create a panic, but I did experience some disconcerting situations at CVS stores today.

1) According to their inventory system, the Sunnyvale CVS apparently had 10 beans. I drove down there, and nope, no visible beans. The two staffers that were helping me had never seen anything other than the Vanilla Visas. They said, whoa, the El Monte store has *250* in stock, though, you should check that out!

2) It was on my way, so I stopped by the El Monte store. You guessed it. There were no beans. Instead, there were a whole bunch of MyVanilla cards that I hadn't seen displayed before.

More worrisome, though, was that one of the staffers told me that she recently received a memo to remove and not restock any more of a certain type of prepaid card, but she (seemingly genuinely) couldn't remember what the card was.

Of equal concern, was that the inventory system (which she showed me the screen of) insisted that many area stores -- including another CVS I just visited -- apparently now had beans in stock.

So either their inventory system is *really* screwy, or something funny is going on with beans at N. CA CVS stores :\

ObNonBean note: I paid $500 towards my student loan with my BB card, and it was credited with no issues