FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA Experience Japan Fare and Japan Airpass (consolidated)
Old Dec 5, 2012, 4:05 pm
MtRoot

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
I flew a few flights with this fare recently and credited them to UA. Some observations:
  • The availability does seem to be restricted. I had to look around to get a reasonable itinerary. This is probably not blackout though, because I had one flight that showed available turned unavailable a few days later.
  • The reservations look like international, i.e., they have 6-digit confirmation # and you have to go to the "international" side of ANA website to see your reservation.
  • You have to check-in in person presumably because they are supposed to check your passport or permanent residency card (but no agent did).
  • The e-tickets show H fare. On UA that's 100% credit for international connection.
  • However UA recognized them as Y fare and credited with fare class bonus, except for the EQM of SPK-OKA (longest domestic flight ). RDM for the same flight still included fare class bonus . Not sure if I should push on the EQM bonus because this could be one of the many glitches of UA's IT system to begin with...