FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)
Old Dec 4, 2012, 4:50 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myfrogger
Rate of 16.99% which is higher than what I wanted.
Why do you even care what your interest rate is? No matter what it is, it should be irrelevant on a points or miles earning card. Reason: The value gained of the points / miles earned is likely to be far outweighed by the value lost if you even go one statement cycle where you pay the intreest rate.

You should never therefore carry a balance on a points/miles earning card (unless it's in a drawer and you're using it exclusively for a balance transfer promo until that balance transfer is paid off in full, and even then not on a card with an annual fee since the annual fee can in that case trigger the normal interest rate, if your annual fee hits while the balance transfer is sitll on your card).

If you need to carry a balance, you should do it on a separate card (one that is "useless" for your earning purposes), preferably one with no annual fee.

(I have no idea what the interest rate is on any of my points/miles earning cards. I know it's not horrible and I know it's nowhere near the rate on BT offers, and that's all I feel I need to know.)