FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:21 am
msp2msy

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Success - In possession of business class upgrades!

Originally Posted by msp2msy
Nope but I'm at 8 weeks since first purchase today... and we fly Friday night for a quick anniversary trip to SJU. Time to go shake the tree and see if I can get the upgrade certs released. Doubtful but I'm going to take a run at it.

Going back to some earlier lucky comment(s). My wife didn't hit the spending goal on her first statement but did get double credits (2 instead of 1). I didn't. Fingers crossed that by some fluke, I/we get so lucky! We'll both be past our $2k threshold by the next statement close.
Checked Airtran activity in detail - saw nothing new. Called Chase this AM and they generally didn't seem to know what was going on... Just to make sure, I called Airtran and explained what I was looking for, fully expecting failure They saw no vouchers on my account but dug a bit deeper and said they saw my account contained notes that I was to receive 2 business class one-way upgrades. The notes were added about a week ago and include an expiration 12 months and 2 days later.

This was about 7 weeks after my first purchase and about 1 week after my 2nd statement so the dates don't clearly line-up with any given event.

The agent confirmed that they should be treated as a normal upgrade voucher, namely that:
* You request them at 24 hours before flying.
* They may be used on multiple segments on the one-way (not round-trip).

Bottom line: Ask Airtran A+ rewards desk to check the notes on your account!

Best of all for me... All 12 seats up front are open on the seat map for my MCO-SJU flight on Friday and a request to buy 8 seats up front appears to be pricing. Thinking my odds are good.

Because I'm frugal (cheap?) though, I admit I'm a little disappointed they didn't come as credits I could transfer to Southwest and leverage with my CP.

Still, no complaints!