Old Dec 3, 12, 4:43 pm
teiring

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
However, when I was a non-BA OWE I wanted to pay to go from CW to F and felt a bit missed out when they weren't offering it but op-upped someone. I haven't encountered any of that since, except a similar situation myself. I ended up getting op-upped when the airport upgrade quote was more than the difference I would have been charged online and was dithering. I don't know why they wanted to get rid of me from the counter pronto but it worked in my favour.

I still don't like the op-up lottery despite that, and I prefer to pay a reasonable upgrade fees to chancing the op-up lottery. I suspect I'll still dislike it when I eventually hold a CCR card... I don't do uncertainties too well!
I'm currently having a booking to DXB over Christmas which is hilarious. Both flights are totally zeroed out and it will be very interesting to see what happens. I presume these flights will produce a lot of IDB. Can't imagine that people will upgraded to First as even that is zeroed out and all seats taken! Can't imagine they'll offer proactive upgrades though. I wouldn't mind to be placed in EK C or F to be taken to DXB as my ongoing flight to CMB is already on EK.