FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pro-active Upgrade cost tracking and questions thread
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:35 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by teiring
Said by a lowly Blue Member. Haha *joke*

I actually had a pretty good track record on BA when I was a non-BA OWE, but I think it was highly route and day of the week and cabin-dependent. My track record was gained on a specific day of the week on a specific route where there is a huge number of tour group passengers, which I assume would not qualify for op-ups, and there probably weren't many BA status holders in WT+.

However, when I was a non-BA OWE I wanted to pay to go from CW to F and felt a bit missed out when they weren't offering it but op-upped someone. I haven't encountered any of that since, except a similar situation myself. I ended up getting op-upped when the airport upgrade quote was more than the difference I would have been charged online and was dithering. I don't know why they wanted to get rid of me from the counter pronto but it worked in my favour.

I still don't like the op-up lottery despite that, and I prefer to pay a reasonable upgrade fees to chancing the op-up lottery. I suspect I'll still dislike it when I eventually hold a CCR card... I don't do uncertainties too well!