FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: KLM introduces Economy Comfort short-haul
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:00 am
Cupart

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
My first experience were as following:

GVA to AMS (KL1928 01DEC12) on Saturday sitting in the first row behind the EC cluster of seats. B738 in row 8 and the legroom was unbearable. As luck has it, none sat in the row in front of us reclining their seat which would have meant pure torture. Anyway, there were 5 or so rows of EC and only 5 seats were occupied. The rest of the plane was pretty stuffed.

AMS - CPH (KL1131 01DEC12): Around 6 rows were available with orange "head rest covers" and one passenger who came in as the last one, decided not to sit at the very back in Y but took a seat in the empty EC section which fancied her. None of the staff reacted to it. 15 min after take off, her friend from the back came up and joined her for the whole flight and didn't go back before the seat belt sign came on. The crew didn't react. Again, around 5 passengers had occupied the EC seats and in the first rows. Again seated in row 8.

CPH - AMS (KL1128 02DEC12): One passenger boarding just before us was on stand-by and was given a seat in EC. This person was not a frequent flyer. Rows 5 - 9 were all EC and every seat bar one or two were taken. Was seated in row 10 (first in normal Y) but with ample leg room as it should be. Difficult to say if the EC seats were given to passengers checking in late or if they actually were Platinum FB'ers or had paid for the better seats. I somehow had the feeling that the first couple of rows were Plats and rest just given the seats at check-in (too many youngsters/students with backpacks if it makes sense).

AMS - GVA (KL1931 02DEC12): No option for EC as it was an E190. Got an upgrade at the gate which was a nice surprise which brings the upgrade from 0:25 to 1:26 this year...

Just like in Xandrios experience some passengers were asked (but only from EC) if they wanted to move to the exit row. No one accepted the "offer" and no one else were asked...

Side note: I have noticed how the questionnaires are being handed out quite a bit these days, and only to pax in EC and to me from AMS - GVA because I was upgraded?

Last edited by Cupart; Dec 3, 2012 at 5:38 am Reason: Added date(s) and flight number(s)