FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The game's afoot, Watson!
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:59 pm
BigLar
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I'm in the midst of a four-night stay at the Clarion IFSC Dublin, and I am impressed. Sixth-floor suite overlooking the River Liffey with a balcony overlooking the city. Very comfortable bed. Separate shower and bath. Two TVs in the suite. Terry cloth robes in the closet. A very attractive hotel with a decent restaurant/bar. The staff interactions have all been very pleasant and helpful.
Yep.

We spent a total of 6 or 7 nights there a couple of years ago. Those suites are terriffic! Not only the balcony overlooking the street, but the party deck winding around the corner.

Also, when the regular bar closes, they'll discreetly herd you off to the "guest" bar, where, well, I don't know what closing time is .. we never made it that late.

A couple of favors:

1. Check out the pool. We didn't get to it, but wonder how it is?
2. Is there a lounge of some sort with breakfast? I had heard there was but we never went for it. Breakfast at the little places right next door (in the "alley") were fine. I understand the place is right convenient to a university, so lots of options with those sort of places.

Is the bus from the airport still free? It used to stop right at the front door.

Though some of us walked, we often grabbed a cab from there to St. Stephen's Green. Fast and about 10 quid.

We're going back for a couple of days next Fall, but we'll be staying at the Westin, so ... neener, neener, neener.