FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The game's afoot, Watson!
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:26 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I'm in the midst of a four-night stay at the Clarion IFSC Dublin, and I am impressed. Sixth-floor suite overlooking the River Liffey with a balcony overlooking the city. Very comfortable bed. Separate shower and bath. Two TVs in the suite. Terry cloth robes in the closet. A very attractive hotel with a decent restaurant/bar. The staff interactions have all been very pleasant and helpful.

It's not in the middle of everything in Dublin although the Luas light rail system runs a block behind the hotel, there's plenty of bus service, the AirLink service from Dublin airport has a stop very near here, and there are some decent dining/pub options nearby--we tried the Ely wine bar and the Harbour Master pub that are no more than several blocks away. Temple Bar for nightlife and Grafton Street for shopping are more distant, but the Docklands area on both sides of the river is closer to the hotel although the area south of the river has fewer pub options, and the shopping areas along Henry and Talbot Streets provide a lot of shopping options much closer than Grafton Street.

I'll do a more in-depth review in the reviews thread, but this is a fantastic 8K redemption if your travel plans include Dublin. And if you have no Choice points at all, the 40K offer gets you five nights here.