FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Customer Relations vs AAdvantage Customer Service S (+ phone ticketing fee issue)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:25 pm
Apieinthesky

Originally Posted by dayone
Did you ask the agent to note the fee waiver in your PNR?
Unfortunately I did not. I'll have to ask for this the next time.

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Personally, I find CR to be much better than CS, at least when dealing with problems. So very many times the first response from CS is way off the mark and I end up having to reply with a very long explanation (the web being limited to 1500 characters just doesn't do it many times). An example is writing them about a problem with a window seat and the first response goes into details on how to use the window shade.

As to your specific point, AA does record many calls. However, if you can get back to the actual CS rep, they may remember the transaction and facilitate a refund. Unfortunately, if the AAgents rolled over every time someone claimed a loss, AA would not be in bankruptcy but defunct!

Good luck getting this resolved.
But emails from AAdvantage CS allows you to reply via email, no need to have to go through the AA website again.

I have contacted AAdvantage CS about miles not posting (I was just impatient, anxious to get the PLT status), and they were very polite and helpful. Another time I contacted them about the offer extended to select GLDs for fast track to PLT/EXP and 20 stickers. I wasn't expecting anything, but they gave me 5 stickers anyway.

Sometimes I feel like CR has a scripted response, and doesn't even address all parts of my inquiry.

I think I'll give AA CS a phone call as a last resort. If I don't get anything, then I'll just drop it.