FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Customer Relations vs AAdvantage Customer Service S (+ phone ticketing fee issue)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:51 pm
Apieinthesky

Customer Relations vs AAdvantage Customer Service S (+ phone ticketing fee issue)

Has anyone else experienced very different levels of service between the two?

I always receive very prompt and polite responses from AAdvantage Customer Service. The emails always come no more than 48 hours later, and the first thing they always say is "Thank you for being a valued Platinum member."

Responses from Customer Relations always take about a week, and don't seem to be very helpful. Also, I can't even respond to the emails like I can with AAdvantage CS.

What I emailed them for was about a recent transaction I made on the phone. I was upgrading a flight with miles + copay (first time I've done such a thing), so I wasn't sure if I could do it online, and also wanted to confirm upgrade inventory. The agent told me she would waive the fee, but when I looked at my credit card statement, lo and behold, the $25 phone ticketing fee was there. Is there anything I can do here? Are the conversations recorded?

Of course, CR told me that there is a charge for ticketing on the phone (which of course I knew), and they weren't making any exceptions, so they are declining my request for a refund. But the agent told me she was waiving the fee. Maybe the agent was having a bad day, because right after I got my confirmation email for my flight, I got another confirmation email belonging to someone else (presumably she didn't clear the field and had it sent to my email address as well).

Sorry for the long post. What do you think I should do? Am I out of luck in trying to argue my case? Is it just my word against theirs?