FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:56 am
gobluetwo

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ajc1970
Showed up at 8:59 for my 9:00 interview on Nov 27, with passport, driver's license, conditional approval interview invite letter, and copies of utility bills.

GOES office in Vegas is on 0 ("zero") floor of terminal 3, on the far left side of the building.

At about 09:05, was called in for interview. He asked to see my license and passport, he didn't want to see anything else.

He took my fingerprints, asked me who I usually travel with, why I usually travel (he only cared business or pleasure... not details), what I did for a living and how long I'd been doing it, what company I worked for and where they were based, and what countries I'd been to (he had a list prepared of countries I've visited, and compared my answer to them).

He then explained that I was approved, that I'd receive a card in the mail for land-crossings for Mexico & Canada, but that I could immediately start using my passport for entry into the US via intl airports.

I was out of the GOES office before 09:12.
Assuming he also took your picture and walked you through using the kiosk?

Originally Posted by jg3rd
I had a similar experience. The online registration was painless (well, as painless as a government online form process could be). I had my inteview set up for 11AM on a Sunday in early Nov for a slot in my 2 hour layover in Houston IAH. I showed up 10 min early, they had 2 other people just wrapping up. I watched the video, met with the officer (he kiddingly mocked my Red Sox hat) and was out of there in 15 minutes. I got my card in the mail a bit after that. I used the Global Entry system in ORD on my return from SIN yesterday and it worked fine--no waiting. A thumbs up from me.
Video must be new. I didn't have one when I did my interview in September. My officer just confirmed my documents, asked very few questions, took my picture*, showed me how to use the kiosk, and had me out of there in about 5 minutes.

*I was totally not prepared for it, so the picture is terrible. She basically said to look to my left, which I did, and then informed me the picture was done. Surprise! I asked if I could look at it and maybe retake it, since I didn't even know she took it, but she said it was fine. When I got the card, I discovered that "fine" must be a relative term...