FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:06 am
samnz

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Originally Posted by MattNZ
Hey Sam / Balding Eagle, I think the standard is that if it's under two metres, it's a normal (but extra) bag

It's a bit confusing using a bike as an example of an oversized item, then listing it as something that "may" be a standard bag, I agree. the definition does seem to fall at the 2m mark though, so I would use that if you run into issues at check-in.
Sounds like you're probably right - which is great. I guess my feedback would then be: the website needs to be a lot clearer. In conjunction with the myriad of other pages on the topic, I took "standard" bag to mean treated just the same as any other piece of luggage...

I really didn't mean to dwell on the $30 extra charge, other than to point it out as a part of a trend - one which on occasion pushes me to fly with the competition. I don't specifically have a gripe with $30 dom or $95 intl (definitely not enough to wear a couple of weeks worth of ski gear on the plane, though got a laugh at the idea ), it just gets factored into my buying choices. But the assertion that there has been a decrease in costs for taking sports gear at any point is incorrect - there have been steady and significant increases.