FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa fees
Thread: Visa fees
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:39 pm
worldiswide

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by homelyboy
I also used this e-visa service, but found it not very valuable when arriving by air. The vias-on-arrival queue was moving very quickly!

On my AirAsia flight from BKK to PNH, I had seat in row 16, and a man sitting just before me attracted my attention with his huge and fancy-colored hat. So probably he might be about 6 positions ahead of me at disembarkation. I had a prearranged e-visa, and he went for visa-on-arrival, but at passport control he was queuing right behind me!

But apparently this e-visa is a good help for entering overland. A friend who had the experience of entering Cambodia through Paoypaet told me that officials require petty bribes to process visas-on-arrival.

We went to Cambodia ten years ago. There was only visa on arrival. 20 US dollars and there were 11 people to process the transaction from beginning to end. One to take passport one to take money one to stamp passport one to recount money I don't remember all the other intermediate steps but I do remember counting the people and thinking that it promoted employment. Even with that many people involved it was a quick and painless affair at the phnom penh airport.