FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:59 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb Decor just one sum of its parts

Originally Posted by FD1971
From faked lamps to uninspiring hallways to mediocre food, it reminds me of Barsey...

Rock-solid, but nothing special.

Considering what we expected, really disappointing...

The Regency Duesseldorf beats the Andaz AMS by a mile...

For my date, I also get the Pulitzer for 189..., so there is no reason in the world to pay a premium of Euro 120 for some faked designer pieces and a dead fish over my bed...
Greetings from Schipol Airport where I am delayed hours for my 45 minute flight with no clear communication in sight Thanks British Airways
I could have enjoyed Andaz Amsterdam longer otherwise

I left the spectacular Andaz Amsterdam earlier this afternoon.
It's really to early IMHO to determine if the Andaz Ansterdam is worth its premium.
In my own experience and early assessment it clearly is.
I paid 243 Euros a night and received an excellent value^Were there problems yes.Were there some dissapointments yes.
Did the incredible team overcome almost every single obstacle times 5 yes.
Can most the early start up issues be fully adressed to a large degree? yes

As many of us know value is subjective and not soley determined only by the average daily rate alone.
I flew to experience this historic moment in time.
For over 15 years I have personally wanted the Hyatt mangement style in Holland and now we have it^
For me it is a hospitality moon space station landing in a city with a number of challenges for any hotel operator.
Despite the bumps in the road which was to be expected only 3 weeks into the doors opening
it was a impressive performance of heartfelt passionate professionals ready to jump through the hoops for their guests complete satisfaction.
These folks are as excited to serve their guests as a number of us are to experience this new international Andaz.
Is it for everbody no.
Neither is a W or for that matter or the Amstel InterContinental which at least is in Amsterdam.
This is not a Park Hyatt or a Grand Hyatt this is a small boutique hotel with approx 120 rooms and its a very small personalized service experience.
The hotel team is obsessed with every guest comment and all of our indivdual feedback.
They are at work customizing and optomizing the experience today and going forward to make it what their guests want in their experience

Hyatt brought out some of their most experienced seasoned team members and I must say
I am a big fan and admire the lions share of their team
The Hyatt touch is alive and well in Amsterdam and I predict in one years time
the property will likey vault to the top of traveler must stay lists provided most of the current team witnessed stay in place.
I return back into the US the second week of December and at or before that time I will bring you yet another overly detailed trip report for those patient and interested to read through it all.

Make no mistake about it this is with one of my favorite hotel stays of the year with some caveats included and one of my favorite hotels ever in the city of Amsterdam where I have had the pleasure of visiting since the 90s
That's coming from one who has been in most of the major branded hotels(with a program) within the city
As with all stays anywhere in the world experiences will vary just like your mileage and points

Cheers