FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - lax-bos 2x daily in January?
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:15 am
AAerSTL

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
WIth the cutbacks in BOS and WAS, I'd expect our corporate folks to consider dropping the AA contract when it's up for renewal - probably in favor of DL.
Don't know about WAS, but in BOS several companies both multinational and regional I know have switched significant flying to DL. DL gave BOS-LAX/SFO a good run for several years in the early-mid 2000s but cut them in 2008 due to the fuel price run up I doubt they will return. DL has tried at LAX numerous times to build up a hub without success. But again, things are for the most part steady with AA in BOS. They added a fourth mainline flight to JFK well timed for connections, the three daily LHR and daily CDG are slated to return for the summer, MIA route is well served as are DFW and ORD. JL flight to NRT is doing very well and BA has their third largest station in North America at BOS. Qatar is also planning to enter BOS, it's not as if a seasonal reduction of flying to LAX means the sky is falling. As I said before, the transcons are extremely expensive for AA to operate and in the dead of the winter it makes sense to cut capacity. AA even cut back LAX-LHR to less than daily for a period of time. Should they dump capacity just so FTers can enjoy cheap MRs and plentiful upgrades?