FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fidelity Bonus offers for airline miles & hotel points [EXPIRED March 31, 2017]
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:22 am
PETERPNYC

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Andrew Mao
If I already have an account at Fidelity, and I pull out 100k and put it back in some time later, how long does later have to be in order to get the promotion? I know that nothing specific has been said by the reps, but what works/doesn't work?

I know switching securities between brokers is more efficient but I don't have 100k at two different brokers yet and I'm trying to combine this offer with some capital gains harvesting before LTCG rates go up.

I would think withdrawing money sooner rather than later. IMO there should be no restriction on money withdrawn if it was kept in the 6 months that your last promo required, and in my case that requirement was not enforced.

I took money out 5 months ago and am eligible end of Dec start January. I would suggest if you are not looking to churn the money , having someone at Fido certifying your eligibility before sending Fresh funds in.

If you are looking to churn the money like last year YMMV .

I thought that I was good to go Dec 1 st but was told end of month to be certain!