FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost Baggage Question
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:58 pm
amrsid

Programs: UA, Hilton HHonors
Lost Baggage Question

I have a couple of questions regarding how the lost baggage process is handled by TK.

Last Thursday I flew on TK 8 from IAD to IST and then onwards on TK 710 to ISB reaching ISB on the 24th. The ticket was bought online on tk.com. I had checked in my luggage at IAD and was to be recieve it in ISB. When I arrived in ISB, I couldn't find my luggage at baggage claim so I started looking for someone from TK to lodge a lost luggage report. Apparenlty, TK has contracted some Pakistani firm that handles all the luggage for them at ISB. I was able to get hold of someone and he gave me a hand written report and I was told to call them when the next flight from IST arrives. It arrived today so I called the number provided and the gentleman on the phone told me that they still did not get my luggage and to call again when the next flight (on Thursday) arrives.

I'm only here for a week and half, leaving on the 4th to go back to States and I really would like to know what the heck happened to my suitcase. It had gifts for my family here that cost me a lot plus most of my personal belongings like clothes, electric shaver, cologne, etc. I only carried one set of spare clothes and my tooth brush in my hand carry. Even though I have family here, my house's is in Washington DC. I will have to buy extra clothes which I didn't have any plans before but now have to because of this issue. Also, it's a nice Samsonite suitcase that I hate to never see it again.

My question is, in case the suitcase doesn't show up even in the next flight, how can I get hold of someone at TK to know what the next steps are? It has never happened to me before so I'm not sure what to do here. I've tried calling the local TK office here in Islamabad but they are of no help. Would I be entitled of any compensation if they can't find the luggage at all and if so, how much? Also, can I file for the reimbursement for some of the personal stuff that I'd have to buy here to get by?

I'll appreciate any help I can get here.