FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] JJ/UA: JFK-GRU-EZE, <$400 rt, 3.2CPM (earn 100% on UA)
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:43 am
amolkold

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by veeRob
Just to add data points, if needed... the LAX-LIM flights booked into L, and the remaining flights booked into V. According to United, both of these fares earn 100% mileage. Very pleased about that.
Your LAX-LIM flight is on LAN metal which will not earn UA miles. Any subsequent flights on LAN metal won't earn UA miles either.

It gets more complicated, but a good rule to follow is:
For *A, the METAL matters. You want JJ metal or UA metal.
For OW, the CODE matters. You want LAN code for AA miles. Not happening with this deal, everything is on JJ code.

Thus, JJ code and LAN metal means you can only earn in LANPASS or TAM Fidelidade. If LATAM finalizes and joins OW before your trip, you can earn AA miles.

Originally Posted by veeRob
I used my CitiBank ThankYou points for the flight, so I actually paid $0. Does that count?
US Bank had a 33150 promo for the Olympics, and with spending requirements it was 40K. For everything UP TO $400, it's 20K points to redeem. For $400.01 to $600, it's 30K. This is the perfect ticket to use it on, something in the $380+ range, 1.9cpp is close to the 2cpp optimal value (before taking into account the signup bonus ).

Don't forget you also get a $25 credit for anything on the plane with FlexPerks redemptions, buy something on the domestic leg if you have one.

Last edited by amolkold; Nov 26, 2012 at 2:51 am