FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card
Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:37 pm
samnc0

I have read lots of information about bluebird, but I still have some specific questions. Can some of you please help me out.

First, my understanding is that with my bluebird account, I can go to an ATM to withdraw money from the account, give a loaded bluebird account to someone who I owe money to, or pay some bills online. Is this correct? Is it possible to give someone I need to give say $250 to essentially a blue bird bank card which is only good for $250?

I see the bluebird account cards at wal-mart all the time. My understanding is that I set it up onlline when I get the account starter kit, and the ONLY way I can re-load these cards is with Vanilla Reloads. Is this correct?

My goal is to get miles (or hit the spending thresholds on new credit cards) to people/entities who do not accept a credit card. So, lets say I owe my plumber $500. I want to give him the $500 by withdrawing the money from the bluebird account, BUT I want to load the account with a vanilla card where I charge it with a credit card.

In the alternative, my credit union might not be on the bluebird list for online transactions (i.e. paying them online for my mtg) I would like to w/d cash to then give to the bank to apply to my mtg payments.

I think it is difficult to find a retailer who accepts a CC payment for the vanilla card. Is this true?

Finally, how will the transaction appear on the credit card? Anything that looks like a money order or a balance trx is obviously bad for me.

Any suggestions...can someone assist me?