FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:17 am
travelkid
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by nacho
That's what I did at the beginning - before I signed and status matched with PC (4 BRGs in Singapore) and it worked like a charm (I think it's because it's Singapore) but then your upgrade will really be depending on availability. I then add it in when I file the BRG form so that the number is in the system - 2 advantages: 1. you have a better chance of an upgrade, 2. you have a better chance to get your points if BRG is in form of reimbursement.
It also depends on how far in advance the booking is. You will likely know soon if there is a "technical glitch" allowing you to get points, but upgrade is something to consider, however I always find I get best upgrades alloacated late, even at check-in as its based at the inventory at that time.

Another thing, at least if you have a common name, is that you can do hotel hopping if you dont use your PC#

Originally Posted by highman123
I had a BRG in August (hotel did not charge me). Now 2 days ago the stay posted to my IC account as a qualifying stay with several bonuses

My CC was not charged, double checked that. How nice of PC - early Xmas?
PC IT is notorious for having hick-ups, so this doesnt surprise me.