FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deal Killing Blogs: List deals which were pulled, and the blogs which published them.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:08 pm
gregorygrady

Originally Posted by Frugal Travel Guy
Was it Gregorygrady?
Darn, you caught me FTG. In fact I just started this thread to try to deflect any attention away from me and to the bloggers, but it looks like my plan backfired.

Yep, I just couldn't take it anymore. I have no Ink Bold/Plus, and I couldn't get myself apply via a blogger's link and put $200 into his/her pocket, so I sat around and brainstormed for a week on how to remedy the situation. All I could think of was to call Jaime Dimon at Chase and tell him some people were getting 5x UR pts at Office Depot for Vanilla Reloads. I was actually quite surprised, but he answered the phone himself on the first ring before I ratted out the deal. Suffice it to say this went right to the top of his priority list. He cxld the Q3 Earnings Result Conference Call to put all Chase's manpower into stopping this VR/OD fiasco.

Honestly though, you are completely free to start a competing thread yourself in MilesBuzz with your theories that I or some other blog hater killed the 5x OD deal (BTW, I don't hate blogs, I just hate circles and arrows and nonstop spoonfeeding.........oh yeah, and the nonstop CC pumping). Please, I urge you to start it. I might even come in there and babble on and bait people to try to get your thread closed since you continually find the need to do the same thing to my thread.

For the record, IMHO it doesn't matter if anybody can PROVE who killed the deal. I have no idea why people are even debating that. I am simply using this thread to gather details of deals that WERE KILLED after bloggers posted about them, and to tabulate of list of which bloggers posted about those deals before they were killed. Which blogger (or even blog hater) actually killed the deal (and if that can be proven or not) doesn't really matter too much to me.

Last edited by mia; Nov 23, 2012 at 5:13 am Reason: Contact moderators using the Alert button, not through asides in the message body.