FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP Security Checkpoint -- #4 with PreCheck or #10?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 5:11 pm
dd1612

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
PreCheck was wonderful when it first started at MSP, but now at peak times the problem is that you sometimes must wait in a long line to see whether you have PreCheck that day and then, if not, wait again for another document checker before going through the regular SkyPriority security line, which merger with a kettle line at the second document checker. The DL MSP line dragons are usually pretty good, but I suspect that a number of people are just saying they have PreCheck in order to gain access to the elite line.
Having traveled the week before and last week .... must say that the Pre-Check process has changed quite a bit. There are 2 SP/ skypriority lines now - one for Pre-Check and 1 for those with SP but no pre-check.

Obviously the Pre-Check line is really short and moves fast.
On each occasion (and I have 3 outbounds in the period Nov 9 to Nov 14), it took me about 2-3 minutes from entering the SP+Pre-Check line to exiting security with my carry-on bag.

The line dragons are now doing a better job patrolling the SP line - and directing those with Pre-Check to the Pre-Check line, otherwise if one is unsure whether one has or does not have Pre-Check the line dragon directs one to the SP+Non Pre-Check line.

Now sometimes the wheelchair attendants think they are smarter than the line dragon and can cause a delay!