FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deal Killing Blogs: List deals which were pulled, and the blogs which published them.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 4:08 pm
balima

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
You believe what you want to believe. You have no proof. Try to understand that you simply have not proved your claim in any way, shape or form. You've only shown one correlation among many possible correlations. You've not even approached causation.

I also dislike the attitude that the deals should only belong to the select few. That's a selfish attitude that is contrary to the reason FT exists, in my opinion.
Highlighting mine.

I don't think anyone said that the deals belong to a select few. The problem is the spoon feeding. Circles, arrows, pictures, exact details of how to squeeze the last drops of blood from the rock. For the bloggers, this is their job. Ergo they make money from getting the greatest number of people to come to their blog and hopefully click on those CC links. That can not be disputed.

FT does not exist for the deals. Contrary to the belief of many. FT exists to share information about flying. Those of us who have been here for a long time remember that the majority of threads were about flying, tickets, SWUs, upgrades, seats etc etc. Mistake fares, credit cards etc. were merely a sweet addition.