FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi retention offer reports [2009-2013]
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2012, 4:34 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rc408
sdsearch: Thank you for the info. I think I'm past the 2 year makrk for the Citi AA card but I'll double check. I'll probably apply for that and one HHonors card as well. I'll do some research before I make a final decision.

My AA card is Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature.
No, I would not recommend applying for one AA and one HHonors.

I would recommend applying for two AAs: One Amex and one Visa. It doesn't mater that you already have a Visa, you can still apply for another Visa. Applying for two AA at a time is the only way to get two AA bonuses in less than two years. If you apply for an AA and an HHonors at the same time, you can only get one AA bonus, and then have to wait 2 years again to get a second AA bonus. But if you apply for 2 AA (using the "two browser type trick", for example) at the same time, you will likely get both bonuses (if you can fullfill the minimum spend requiprement for both bonuses, that is). And then, in few months, you can apply for the 2 HHonors cards at the same time (and get both of those bonuses).

You thus get more bonuses total by applying 2 of the same type of card at the same time than by mixing two completely different Citi cards.