FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Nov 17, 2012, 4:11 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cslovacek
I am going to France in May, can I get my Chase United MileagePlus Club Business Visa in "Chip & Pin" format?
Not likely in chip & PIN. Quite possibly well before your departure it will be available in chip & signature. It hasn't specficially been announced yet, but then Chase is not announcing which cards get chip versions ahead of time, they just suddenly appear, one at a time. (For example, the Marriot Premier Visa becamse available in a chip version suddenly in the last month or so. Up until that moment, no one was sure whether that was going to happen [then or anytime near then] or not.)

But does your Unimte MileagePlus CLub Business Visa has 0% forex, or does it charge you a 3% fee on all transcations in France? If the latter, are you sure that's the card you want to use in France?

(Btw, you may want to update your profile. It still lists your Continental status. Whichever status you have now, it's with UA now! )