FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - November 2012 UA ORD DO (Post-Meeting Posts/Discussion/Reports/Etc.)
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:02 pm
FortFun

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
can any of the attendees shed some light on the discussions and future plans??
I don't remember too much detail about future plans, but I'll start this and others can tack on.

IT/eCommerce:
-- working on serious ground up re-do of website, think they said back half of 2013, though I might be misremembering
-- just got additional funding to work on the upgrade system, in order to produce a unified approach that follows all the rules. Seems like that's at a pretty advanced stage.
-- they have some "really cool ideas" about how upgrades on LH are handled. Sounded more preliminary, and we didn't get a chance to follow up, but it was in the context of a discussion about better partner integration.

MP:
-- two suggestions from the crowd that they appeared to like:
1) more choice in application of MM benefits (e.g. allowing single people to chose UA club instead of spouse/partner sponsorship)
2) having MP statement line items include reference to record locators
-- opportunity to use miles to pay for UC seems destined to return
-- no change of rollover PQMs (pretty emphatic)
-- interesting discussion of W fare requirement that included pointing out how the dynamics have changed such that it's well above the bottom fare now. They said that issue is fully understood, and basically said this is not going away.

That's all I remember off the top of my head.