FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:11 pm
sunshine-state

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
TRAVELSIG already said some to the situation, I just want to agree with him, that ZRH is probably the easier place to go out for 12 hours than IST.

Especially in winter, ZRH is much more suited than IST (which is a city great during the spring and autumn periods, but not so much in hot summer or cold winter) for a nice day, and 12 hours indeed is perfect, as you arrive in the morning (about lunch in BKK) and then have time to adjust your body clock during the day. ZRH is more relaxed than IST, and especially for a honeymoon trip, the better choice than IST in my eyes (I like IST myself, but wouldn't take a 12 hours trip out there on my honeymoon)
Hmm, this is definitely helpful advice. The IST flight is almost identical times (23:30 departure, 5:40 arrival after a 10hr flight), and I am looking for somewhere new (we've been to ZRH once before). The trip will be in September, so I'm just trying to find a good long layover city with availability from BKK or SIN (coming to Europe after a week in Bali). VIE and CPH are possibilities, but no availability in J on the day I want to travel (departing Sunday 9/22 - or 00:30ish Monday 9/23).