FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Pacific Rim
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:21 pm
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
As noted in a previous post, my wife and I may well stay at the Pacific Rim next year. We have four complimentary nights by virtue of the Fairmont credit card offer and suite upgrade certificates.

Questions:

1. As per the useful posts above, am I correct in assuming that we can get upgraded to an HVS or HMVS if one is available at time of booking? Or might the rules be different at the Pacific Rim for complimentary stays such as ours?
2. The hotel website lists three kinds of HVS suites: the HVS, the HVS with Jetted Tub, and the HVMS. I assume that, unless one is really big on jetted tubs, the HVMS is the best one in that it has a patio and is the largest of the three. (Though the website is a bit confusing on this score: It at one point says the size is 800 square feet - the same as the others - and at another says the size is 950 square feet. Could that be because the patio is included in the 950?)
3. Do any of these offer sunset views, or do they face in the wrong direction for that?

Thanks for any advice!
1. Yes, free nights and suite upgrade certs can be used during the same stay.

2. Unfortunately you can only upgrade to a junior suite or a Mountain/Harbour View Suite with Jetted Tub. Unless something changed very recently I´m pretty sure you cannot upgrade to any of the suites that have a nice view and a balcony. Iknow of a few cases where guests were able to negotiate a better upgrade at an additional charge, but not sure how willing the hotel would be to do this if you´re only using the free night certs.

The Pacific Rim is by far my favourite new-style Fairmont, but as the hotel actually manages to sell most suites at regular rates their suite upgrade policy unfortunately has become more restrictive since its opening.