FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware customs officials in Mumbai International airport!!! [merged]
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:40 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rak007
Right but what should a person do in my case then ? I am returning home after 1 year and 4 months (next month) and i have things which are used and bought more than 6 months back to some more than an year back and i have bills to prove that. But i fear customs will be calculating their own assessed values and either ask for bribe to "settle" the matter or penalize me.
they do have a method of calculating duty & its a pretty fair method....i have not come across an official asking for a bribe is a very very long time & neither has anyone else i know so maybe this sort of thing is not common anymore....what is the value of your items & what kind of items are these????

Originally Posted by rak007
I read the customs doc and as a professional returning to India after 365 days i believe i have right to bring 75000 worth of goods and this is supposedly separate from the 35000 duty free allowance.
Correct me if i am wrong.
i could be wrong here but i believe you are only entitled to inr 75k & not the additional inr 35k....