FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who we all are
Thread: Who we all are
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:53 pm
Sweet Willie
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmam7
I don't wish to sound rude and feel free to slap me down if you think the question inappropriate but I notice many posters have Platinum this or Gold that as well as high status at various hotel chains. May I ask if you are all business people, rich or just savvy and simply know how to use the various FF systems to your advantage?
many business people but many knowing how to maximize various programs.

Read the stickies of forums (most airline & hotel forums have stickies). Also serach for the threads such as Hyatt vrs Marriott, or Hilton compared to SPG. These I've found are handy for heavy users of each program to debate which program is the best and why.

The most important things you can understand (in my opinion) if travel is on your personal dime are twofold: 1) what are your personal goal(s)? (do you want to fly in buisness or first class internationally or are you just trying to get some tickets for you & family to get to Hawaii? 2) What is the ROI of your personal spend, in other words, if I fly X amount on this airline, what is it going to give me in return.