FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two stopovers, two transits or one openjaw
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:49 pm
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Yesterday I tried ticketing this as a 120,000AM J return Asia Miles award:

HKG-xMXP-oMAD-oMXP-HKG

At first, Beijing centre told me they can't do xMXP, because MXP-MAD-MXP is done on Iberia and they cited the following:

http://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/site/terms

"2. The member or the Nominee may make two stopovers, two transfers or one open-jaw at either the origin, en route or turnaround point on all airline partners except Air China and Iberia where no stopovers or open-jaws are permitted."

I had Tsuen Wan centre repeat the query. If need be, I will convert to OW award tho that makes my routing even harder to organise. To my surprise, I got straight through at about 11:45am.

Tsuen Wan said the rule posed no problem and proceeded to ticket. Beijing centre called me back after to say after reconsideration they don't think it's a problem either but they already see Tsuen Wan's centre's booking.

Tsuen Wan released e-tickets to me this morning. So I guess the rule is truly not applicable to me. I don't fault Beijing for acting in accordance with rules, tho of course I appreciate Tsuen Wan can break it.