FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP!Business Itinerary, one leg showing as Economy after booking has been completed!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:28 pm
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by JnsV
Based on what the OP sent me, exactly this happened: he was booked into Y on the CX flight on an I fare for two subsequent bookings. The AY legs are wide open in I, the CX leg is I0 if "married" with the AY legs, but open in C/D/J. I myself could only partly reproduce the booking on finnair.com: I could select a Business saver (presumably I, ca. 1500 GBP rt ai) fare on the first screen after the date selection, but it would put me into D (listed as Business flex, ca. 3000 GBP rt ai) for the whole outbound portion.
I have now been trying to book a AY ticket with 1 segment on CX, and it is impossible to make it a business ticket all the way. I am wondering if AY did something to their system (or if CX did). It is clear that something changed somewhere making the married segments AY-CX go crazy. Before there was never any trouble booking such tickets.

My trip is a 3 segment r/t flight, BE-AY-CX, and regardless of the price options I choose on AY site (business restricted of full flex), the return CX segment books into Y.
That CX flight is wide open in business (J/9 C/9 D/9 I/9) but it is impossible to get AY to access it.

I tried several different dates, exact same behaviour. So it is not about loads.

matrix has no trouble finding a D-ticket all the way, and also claims it is priced the exact same amount as AY website (where one leg gets Y).

Expedia can also find the trip and price it the same (+ expedia fees), but expedia books it into D on the outbound and J on the return.

I do also notice that even if I choose "Business restricted" on AY site, it still books all AY legs into D (BUSINESS UNRESTRICTED FARES ).

I am not skilled in reading fare rules, but maybe someone is and can find out if there is something in the rules that makes this go bust.