FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poetic justice! Tales from flying UA... or why I love US Airways.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:19 am
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by bh9197
I was UA 1K for years. I liked the First class service, and I like the multi-zone boarding. As a US CP I have to battle with the rest of the Plat, Gold, Silver, Zone 1 herd. On UA I had a specific 1K boarding and did not have to wade through the herd.
I have written US about breaking up the boarding process into more zones.

I do however notice US on time percentage is waaaaay better than UA. Also note that I have not flown any cross-country US trips, only shorter hub-to-hub's, so the service is probably better on longer hauls, I just haven't had the chance to experience that yet.
I'll agree that US's boarding is chaotic. However, I'll also state that UA jams everyone thru regardless of status. One of the most comment UA complaints now the CO took over is that all elites are equal.

I took one trip on UA this year in paid C/F and boarding was chaotic in both EWR and ICN. There was no separation for status in either place, and in EWR, boarding was a mishmash of C and elites. ICN was even worse. I expected F and GS to be called first. Nope - they called all elites and premium cabins at once. I had to fight thru a crowd of C and elites just to board. REALLY made me wish I was flying OZ at that point.

Especially in ICN, I was pretty peeved I paid all that money for a premium ticket and had to fight to get on the plane.