FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:52 am
sunshine-state

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Ok, details.

Here is the suspend email:

During a recent review, we noticed unusual/irregular activity on your Bluebird Account.

For your security and protection, your Bluebird Account has been suspended while we conduct further investigation.

Please contact us immediately at 1-877-486-5962.

Thanks,
Bluebird

And the suspend lifted email 8 minutes later:

Your Bluebird Account was recently suspended due to unusual/irregular activity.

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this matter. We are happy to inform you that we have finished our investigation and the suspension on your Account has been lifted effective immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please call us at 1-877-486-5962 if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Bluebird

I think what caused this was that I returned something to a store and I believe I swiped my bluebird for the return on accident (too many cards... ugh) instead of my amex prepaid (which I originally used for the transaction) because i see this line in my account this morning:

"$290.72 disputed sale chargeback reversal"

The icon for this transaction in bluebird.com is the same as an ATM withdrawal or bill pay, so it's an outgoing transaction, meaning that the place I made a return to was sent the $ back. Looks like I will have to go back in and get them to return to the correct card because bluebird did not accept this.

So, beware whether done on accident or purpose.
Thanks for reporting back - good to know it looks like there was a relatively plausible explanation for the review. I've tried to blend in as many activities onto my BB account as I can (everyday purchases, funding from bank account, Vanilla reloads, and billpays), which hopefully shouldn't raise any eyebrows.