FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:36 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by primetime23
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines,

I just tried to book a flight on the website (MXP-HKG, March 13-19).

The website then gives two options, a "Business Basic" for approx. 2000EUR and a "Business Flex" for approx 3000EUR. If you click on the little "i" button to get the fare conditions it lists "Business Flex" as earning 200% miles and eligible for upgrades, giving the impression its at least a D class fare.

Even if you select the fare in "Business Flex" it is clearly stated its earning 200% Miles and eligible for Upgrade in the little info field under the price.

Surprise, surprise, when you then hit next and the summary pops up it comes up as a Z fare, obviously neither earning full miles nor eligible for upgrades. I did call the hotline and they confirmed it is a Z fare.

I can only hope that this is some programming glitch rather than a deceitful attempt to cheat customers. I am sure there are quite a few travellers unaware of the different booking classes who would have gone ahead and booked the flight - to be surprised afterwards. Would you be able to explain this "phenomenon"?

Many thanks
primetime23
This glitch comes up on many examples ex-Italy. Good to bring it up. If you need any more examples let me know and I can make some screen shots.