FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Changes to MoveUp Program [master thread]
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:00 am
jetsetter

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Have We Thought of a Campaign To Bring DL Style MoveUp

How about if 100 of us all send in a complaint about the various and numerous negative factors of the "new" 2012 MoveUp program, perhaps with a copy of newly acquired Delta elite challenge documentation.

This could be followed up by more direct communication with US executives in DM and revenue management.

Also if 100 of us filed DOT complaints about the policy, it *would* put US likely in last place. DOT has a complaint category for frequent flyer program issues. It doesn't matter if anyone agrees with your complaint or not, basically a complaint gets logged in the database for a given calendar month & its dinged against the airline for which its filed.

In fact if 100 people filed such a complaint, it would probably peak the interest of DOT regulators, they have an office full of people in DC looking out for public interest, and they tend to investigate issues where they see numerous complaints.

I find this policy so objectionable because when I grew up (went to college) you could basically fly standby anytime on the same ticketed departure date whether or not your were preferred on pretty much any carrier. If the flight was wide open, quite often the airport would just confirm you as well.

I don't like the new policy, and I think I was better served by the old ways. I don't think also that I am somehow now getting more "value," in other words, US has not added something now to replace the value its taken away with these more restrictive policies.