FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive Young Renters Thread: 18-20, 21-24
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:45 pm
roymustang

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Rut Dog
I've just updated the opening post.

From the new opening post, as found on the Hertz USAA page, with bolding added:
It's going to be hit or miss, but since the consequences would be so severe for you, I'd recommend you have something showing your USAA affiliation with you.

The thing is I don't think USAA ever sent me an official ID card. I have credit cards, atm cards, insurance cards, but no official member card.
Rut Dog, try this link. You should be able to request a new membership card there (if it doesn't work on the first shot, try logging in first).
Also, failing that, the Hertz USAA landing page has a printable USAA discount card, which should suffice as well.

Originally Posted by Rut Dog
Do the US Military/Government benefits apply outside of the USA?
To the best of my knowledge, these benefits are not applicable outside of the US. Official travel would be better off arranging travel through an approved agent such as Sato to work around such fees. Leisure travel, well, you're pretty well back at square one unfortunately.

Last edited by roymustang; Nov 12, 2012 at 9:57 pm Reason: Added discount card info