FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SK in trouble -- what's UA's obligation to me?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:23 pm
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by DHAST
All,

Looks like SAS is in some real financial trouble. I just booked a J award using UA miles for travel in September 2013. My destination is AMS, which is served wholly on UA metal from the USA.

If SAS goes belly up before my travel date, what is UA's obligation to me? Are they obligated to book me in J on their own metal, even if no saver space is available, or am I just due a refund of the SK portion of the itinerary? The return is on OS.

Thanks.
Q
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sas-cu...095209184.html
I don't get what your question is? You used UA miles & are flying to AMS on UA correct? So what does SAS have to do with your ticket

FYI. SAS is not going belly up any time soon. They are cutting flights & laying off people. Just like almost every airline has done in the past including UA

If you used UA miles for an SAS ticket & your SAS flight is cancelled, UA will rebook you on another *A carrier with award space available. If no award space is avail UA might open space for you on their own flights or offer you a refund