FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:47 am
sweetz_21_83

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Worth it to send in tax form for second card?

So I applied for the Amex and 2 citi hhonors cards last week. I was instantly approved for the Amex and had to call citi. Citi needed to verify my ssn, they said I entered the wrong ssn on the app-highly unlikely I think the problem was in their app. Anyway they got it settled and I was approved so I hung up and applied again. This app said it needed further review so I called again. They said they could not approve the second app and I would have to wait. So I waited a few days and called back and was told I was sent a form I would have to submit. Well this turned out to be an IRS form authorizing them to access my return, now I have zero problem with that but---it also says I authorize them to pull my credit again.

I had a similar situation where I was denied the citi biz aadvantage card and had to submit docs and they ended up approving the card but in total it took two months and they pulled my credit report 3 times.

I just don't think it's worth all the hassle to go through to get the second card and 50k Hilton points. What so you all think? Should I drop it? Will not sending the form cause problems with my next citi app?