FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:12 am
bob1008

Originally Posted by reneeflys2011
Just curious ... if you use this code (A113400 State of FL employee rate-->EXCELLENT RATE!) will you be asked for ID to prove?
Any good codes you would suggest where no type of proof at rental time is needed?
If you search this forum, there are plenty of posts about using the employee code.

"That is the EMPLOYEE code. if the location has any skill, you will be asked to show your employee swipe card. A153722 is now used for family of employees, but its use requires an accompanying letter of introduction on company letterhead with the name of the manager writing the letter, the employee relation, and the name of the employee. It also has the phone number (cell) of the manager who wrote the letter and Avis managers almost ALWAYS answer their cell. I was told not answering my cell means that I am not on duty, ergo my company rental car should be turned in as it is for "on duty" use only. so I always answered my phone.

So you can try...but i know people who were banned from renting with avis for getting caught using this. If caught, best case scenario, you need to find a new car on the fly, or pay the walk up rate for underage no reservation, worst, you can never rent with Avis and Budget RAC again.")

I guess the question is...... why risk the embarassment and frustration for an extra few bucks, maybe ? There are plenty of other codes on this forum that do extremely well with discounts and have a much lower risk level.
My favorite that I use every week is is G417900, but there are plenty of good codes to choose from.
http://www.kellsport.com/kellwoodtravel.html